Human Resources Intern
Our Mission: Formed in the Summer of 2010, the Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) exists to provide safe, competitive and attractive housing and meeting facilities for the members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Today, the FHC owns or leases almost over 65 Alpha Gamma Delta homes, dorms, lodges and suites across the United States. The FHC is committed to providing the highest quality property management support for each unique chapter served.
Our Message: Live With Purpose.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission:
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources Manager with a wide range of projects related to payroll, employee relations, HR compliance, recruiting, on-boarding, employee benefits, and performance management. In this position, the intern will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in a corporate setting and gain hands on experience to be better prepared to work in the area of Human Resources.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Learn steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including interviews, job postings, reviewing resumes, offers, orientation and on-boarding
• Maintain Human Resources records and files for all associates (e.g., employee status change, address change, job bids, pay rate changes, etc.) to ensure compliance with company, federal, and state regulations and policies
• Support managers with the planning and coordinating of any events or meetings
• Participate in onboarding discussions and assist with development of companywide onboarding program
• Assist in processing biweekly payroll and accurate PTO recordkeeping
• Assist HR team with departmental initiatives and projects as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• An excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal skills in the English language.
• Resourceful and interested in exploring the possibilities of what could be.
• Able to adapt to changing business needs, shift priorities as required and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
• Well organized
• Professional and trustworthy, able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work minimum 25 hours per week
• Minimum two years of college completed preferably with a concentration in HR
• Students must submit a transcript to their profile and have at least a 2.5 GPA to qualify
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to lift and carry items up to 35 lbs.
• Must pass criminal background check.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time, Hourly
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law