Interior Design Intern
Our Mission: Formed in the Summer of 2010, the Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) exists to provide safe, competitive and attractive housing and meeting facilities for the members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Today, the FHC owns or leases almost over 65 Alpha Gamma Delta homes, dorms, lodges and suites across the United States. The FHC is committed to providing the highest quality property management support for each unique chapter served.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The Interior Design Intern will support the Director of Design and Construction, Interior Designers and the Fraternity Housing Corporation on a daily basis. She or he has a broad range of responsibilities and will build strong relationships with vendors and contractors; with a specific focus on scheduling appointments, reviewing bid costs, and performance evaluations.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Artistic ability: The Interior Design Intern will use his/her sense of style to develop designs that look great and are aesthetically pleasing.
• Creativity and job knowledge: The Interior Design Intern needs to be imaginative in selecting furnishings and fabrics and in helping to create spaces that serve the organization’s varying needs. She/he must possess knowledge of furniture, fixtures, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, color and materials.
• Detail oriented project management skills: The Interior Design Intern needs to be precise in measuring interior spaces, creating drawings and making decisions, so that furniture and furnishings will fit correctly in the appropriate environment. She/he should be able to see a project through from concept to finished space.
• Interpersonal skills: The Interior Design Intern needs to be able to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members. Much time is spent collaborating with new clients, other designers and contractors.
• Problem solving skills: The Interior Design Intern must be able to help in addressing challenges, such as construction delays and the high cost or sudden unavailability of selected materials.
• Visualization: The Interior Design Intern needs to possess a strong sense of proportion and visual awareness in order to understand how pieces of design will come together to create the team’s vision.
• Must be college Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or relevant field.
• Ability to use Revit, Photoshop and AutoCAD.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Goal and team oriented. Must be able to work closely with others while exhibiting a positive attitude.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Membership in Alpha Gamma Delta or other fraternity/sorority and basic knowledge of the Fraternity, a plus.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able and willing to lift/carry items up to 35 lbs.
• Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes extensively.
• Must pass criminal background check.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Job-Status: Non-exempt, hourly.
Reports to: Director of Design and Construction and Interior Designers
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.