Women's Fraternity Substitute House Director
Our Mission: The Fraternity Housing Corporation elevates the value of Alpha Gamma Delta membership through the provision of the highest quality living and learning environments by developing and maintaining safe, competitive and attractive housing for Alpha Gamma Delta collegiate members.
Our Message: Live With Purpose.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present yourself appropriately in all situations.
Deliver your work on-time, on-budget, and to the highest quality.
Believe in the power of young women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The Substitute live-in House Director manages the day-to-day operations of the chapter house to include handling all administrative tasks, security of the chapter facility, environmental safety, oversight of the physical facility and its grounds, food service program, repairs and maintenance, cleanliness, basic financial matters and supervision of hired staff in the absence of the Full Time House Director. Working closely with the assigned Property Manager, the House Director will ensure the highest quality of service is provided, while carrying out all chapter house rules/bylaws, Fraternity, FHC and/or University policies for a comfortable and safe living environment for Alpha Gamma Delta chapter members.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Sleep in the facility on the nights you are acting as Substitute House Director
• Communicate via phone with Property Manager
• Manage on-going vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
• Ensure compliance with policies, rules and regulations by Alpha Gamma Delta, the Fraternity Housing Corporation, University and Chapter
• Keep up-to-date information files and records on keys, furnishings/appliances, general maintenance, residents, employees, vendors, security system, etc.
• You are the designated on-site point of contact for hired staff
• Work with Property Manager on all personnel issues
• Supervise kitchen staff (if applicable) to include house chef, assistant house chef, kitchen assistants, dishwashers, etc.
• Ensure that all food service areas, cooking equipment and utensils are clean and sanitary
• Ensure that food and supplies are properly stored and secure
• Ensure employees maintain strict standards of personal hygiene
• Collect invoices from vendors, verify their amounts and work completed and scan to Property Manager for payment
• Other Duties as assigned by Property Manager to advance the mission and goals of Alpha Gamma Delta’s Fraternity Housing Corporation
• High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree recommended
• Previous house director, property management, residence life, Greek-lettered organization or other group living preferred
• Goal and team oriented, able to work closely with people while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Well organized and able to work and make sound decisions under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform basic functions of Email, Microsoft Word and Excel and scanning PDF files
• Must pass criminal background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Lifts and carries up to 35lbs on a daily basis
• Climbs stairs several times per day
• Reads invoices, manuals, labels, policies, etc.
• Kneels, bends, and reaches for items often
• Stands 65% of the time while working
• May work extended hours and/or non-traditional hours (i.e. able to respond to emergencies 24/7)
• Works indoors and outdoors
Job-Status: Non-Exempt and Part Time
Reports to: Assigned Property Manager
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.