Part Time Housekeeper
Our Mission: Formed in the Summer of 2010, the Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) exists to provide safe, competitive and attractive housing and meeting facilities for the members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Today, the FHC owns or leases almost over 65 Alpha Gamma Delta homes, dorms, lodges and suites across the United States. The FHC is committed to providing the highest quality property management support for each unique chapter served.
Our Message: Live With Purpose
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present your best self in all situations.
Deliver your highest quality work with the time, resources and knowledge available.
Believe in the power of women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The Housekeeper is responsible for making the house clean for students to live in creating a strong reputation for Alpha Gamma Delta and its constituents. The Housekeeper must be able to attend to the facility and pay close attention to detail to ensure a clean, sanitary, and tidy environment.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, bathrooms and other work areas so that health standards are met
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers
• Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash, recyclables and waste to disposal areas.
• Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment
• Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy
• Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
• Remove debris from driveways, patio, and outdoor areas
• Replace light bulbs
• Replenish supplies such as paper products, linens, and bathroom items
• Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets
• Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
• Notify supervisor of required repair services
• Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers
• Hang draperies, and dust window blinds
• Observe precautions required to protect Alpha Gamma Delta members, staff and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors
• Purchase or order cleaning supplies to keep supply room stocked, and record expenditures
• Attentive to details
• Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant of a changing work environment, including regularly changing volunteer partners
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make knowledge-based decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Perform other duties as assigned by the House Director to advance the mission and goals of Alpha Gamma Delta
• Goal and team oriented, able to work closely with people while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Able to stands 80% of the time while working
• Able to kneel, bend, and reach for items often
• Able to climb stairs several times per day
• Ability and willingness to carry up to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Job-Status: Non-exempt and Hourly
Reports to: House Director
Other Duties: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Non-Discrimination Policy: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.