House Manager - Free Room and Board!
PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR A GRADUATE STUDENT!
Our Mission: The Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) elevates the value of Alpha Gamma Delta membership through the provision of the highest quality living and learning environments by developing and maintaining safe, competitive and attractive housing for Alpha Gamma Delta collegiate members.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present yourself appropriately in all situations.
Deliver your work on-time, on-budget, and to the highest quality.
Believe in the power of young women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The live-in House Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the chapter facility which includes management of the safety and security of the chapter facility, the environmental safety of the facility, the physical facility and its grounds, the catering program, the repairs and maintenance, the overall cleanliness and the basic financial matters pertaining to facility operations. Working closely with the assigned Regional Property Manager, the House Manager will abide by chapter house rules/bylaws, Fraternity, FHC and/or University policies to ensure a comfortable and safe living environment for Alpha Gamma Delta chapter members.
Essential Job Functions:
o Communicate via phone at least once a week with Regional Property Manager
o Schedule and conduct the opening and closing of the chapter house
o Schedule and conduct at least one house meeting per semester or quarter
o Maintain a master calendar with University dates, holidays, chapter events, major repairs, etc.
o Manage on-going vendor relationships
o Ensure compliance with Alpha Gamma Delta, FHC, University and/or Chapter policies, rules and regulations
o Keep up-to-date information files and records for keys, furnishings/appliances, general maintenance, residents, employees, vendors, security system, etc.
o Manage all minor repairs under $250 (Repairs over $250 will require prior approval)
o Manage multiple service providers to include identifying vendors, gathering quotes, overseeing work needed and remitting invoices to the Regional Property Manager
o Coordinate routine maintenance and inspections
o Coordinate, schedule and supervise the work responsibilities of the housekeeping staff
o Order and maintain adequate levels of cleaning supplies and equipment
o Arrange for yearly deep cleans on floors, rugs and furniture
o Arrange for lawn, ground and exterior maintenance
o Arrange for regular pest control service
• ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY
o Schedule and conduct regular inspection of the chapter house and surrounding grounds
o Ensure that all electrical, plumbing and heating systems are in line with code and in proper working
o Inspect all safety and related devices including fire extinguishers, exit doors, smoke detector, exit
lights, alarms, locks, etc. regularly
o Complete three fire drills throughout the academic year
o Submit timesheet every two weeks to Regional Property Manager
o Submit receipts and reimbursements as applicable
• FOOD SERVICE
o Manage catering company deliveries and drop off/pick up
o Schedule in-house member meal times
• FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
o Manage minor purchases such as daily operational expenses
o Reconcile monthly credit card statement
• Other Duties as assigned by Regional Property Manager to advance the mission and goals of Alpha
Gamma Delta’s FHC
• High school Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; Student enrolled in
graduate program at East Carolina University preferred
• Previous residence life, Greek-letter organization or other group-living experience preferred
• Goal and team oriented, able to work closely with people while exhibiting a positive attitude
• Well organized – Able to work and make sound decisions under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform basic functions of email, Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat (PDF scanning
• Must pass criminal background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Lifts and carries up to 35lbs on a daily basis
• Climbs stairs several times per day
• Reads invoices, manuals, labels, policies, etc.
• Kneels, bends, and reaches for items often
• Stands 65% of the time while working
• May work extended hours and/or non-traditional hours (i.e. able to respond to emergencies 24/7)
• Works indoors and outdoors
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Assigned Regional Property Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.