Assistant Chef - Beta Delta (Indiana University)
Applications must be submitted through this link to be considered:
Our Mission: Formed in the Summer of 2010, the Fraternity Housing Corporation (FHC) exists to provide safe, competitive and attractive housing and meeting facilities for the members of Alpha Gamma Delta. Today, the FHC owns, leases and/or managed just under 90 Alpha Gamma Delta homes, dorms, lodges, suites and storage units across the United States. The FHC is committed to providing the highest quality property management support for each unique chapter served.
Be smart. Be committed. Be creative and flexible.
Learn, all the time.
Live with integrity and expect the same from others.
Cooperate, communicate and present yourself appropriately in all situations.
Deliver your work on-time, in-budget, and to the highest quality.
Believe in the power of young women and the value of Alpha Gamma Delta.
Your Role in Our Mission: The Assistant Chef assists the Head Chef in the management of the food program at a collegiate sorority house, including the upkeep of the commercial kitchen and its equipment. Working closely with the Head Chef, the Assistant Chef will help ensure that the residents and guests are provided balanced meals, exceptional customer service, and a comfortable and clean environment in which to dine.
Essential Functions of Job:
· Assist with timely, regular meal preparation for the chapter, following all HACCP safety standards
· Refresh items during meal service, as directed by the Head Chef
· Maintain organized and clean kitchen and serving areas
· Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines
· Set up and break down service area, before and after meals
· Assist Head Chef, as needed, with tasks which land outside of day to day duties such as special event preparation
· Light dishwashing, as needed
· Other Duties as assigned to advance the mission and goals the Alpha Gamma Delta FHC
· High school Diploma or GED equivalent required
· ServSafe Certification preferred
· Goal and team oriented, able to work closely with people while exhibiting a positive attitude
· Well organized and able to work and make sound decisions under pressure and within tight deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Must pass a criminal background check
· Basic culinary and baking knowledge
· Ability to follow standardized recipes
· Strong knife skills preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Lift and carry up to 50lbs on a daily basis
· Read food and cleaning product labels
· Stand 80% of the time while working
· Kneel, bend, and reach for items often
· Climb stairs several times per day
· Work primarily indoors, sometimes in very warm conditions, such as hot kitchens
· Use commercial kitchen equipment and appliances
Special Position Requirements:
· Work with extremely sharp objects, such as knives, can openers, etc.
· Work with extremely hot appliances, such as ovens and dishwashers
· Work with extremely hot, sometimes boiling, water
· Work with some cleaning products that contain chemicals
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job-Status: Non-exempt and Part Time
· Meal provided with each shift
Reports to: Head Chef and House Director
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.